ALMA observations are done entirely in service mode. Projects are divided into smaller units, Scheduling Blocks, that can be scheduled when appropriate, i.e. depending on scientific rank, current weather conditions, current array configuration, etc.
– Phase 2 generation is required for creation of executable SBs.
– ToO activation: Principal Investigators with Target of Opportunity projects can activate their observations.
– ALMA Status Page provides the present weather conditions at the site and the configuration schedule for the present Cycle.
– SnooPI allows Principal Investigators to track the progress of their projects.
– Project Tracker allows ALMA staff to track the progress of ALMA projects.
– High Priority Projects lists projects from all ALMA Cycles.